Tuesday 26 April 2011

Pursued

caught up with an old boyf tonight for dinner and to check out his new place. it was good. really good to see that he's doing really well with himself and has himself well together.

but then, there's the whole reason why we split, bubbling away below the surface, and I started feeling the hurt and the anger about the way it made me feel. made me question whether I was worthy of being treated well, of being respected, of having the freedom to be myself and to look after another person. and I started questioning why I was being treated that way and why I hadn't received better because I, like everyone else, deserves better.

all this occurred to me while I was driving home. and I was listening to Third Day's Offering album, which came up on my iPod earlier that day and had me intrigued again. I love King of Glory, the way the song builds and the heavenly choir kicks in. the first time I heard it laid an impression of heaven in my mind, and it still does now. and I realised; Jesus is my relentless lover who will always treat me as I deserve. I am his precious bride who he pursues daily and died for. and who came to life from the dead to conquer death so that I may join in on that heavenly choir. so yeah, I am worth so much more than what I have received so far. because no matter how I am treated by others, my Saviour will always pursue me. I am loved.

(ok, so the video clip for this is a little corny, but the song is great)

No comments: